Become a NOOK App Developer and sell your apps to millions of dedicated customers – avid readers who are also voracious consumers of content. Once your application is approved, you'll gain private access to all the tools and resources you need to accelerate the development of your apps.
NOOK App Developers receive:
- Full access to "Developer Mode" for NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet, the adb command for on-device debug and deployment
- Private interaction with other developers and technical experts
- Special access to our dedicated NOOK App Developer support team
- Ability to submit your apps for acceptance into our store
- Qualification as a NOOK vendor within our eCommerce systems, along with access to the breadth of merchandising opportunities we offer
- Analytic feedback from us, our sales teams, our storefronts and our customers to help improve your application
- Customer insights such as buying behavior, personal interests, app preferences and more, to guide product development
- Access to sales and revenues charts (including exporting data for further analysis)
Become a NOOK App Developer
NOOK App Developer acceptance takes 2-3 business days. When approved, you will receive an email from the NOOK Developer team.
What to Expect
In order to qualify to become a NOOK App Developer, you'll be asked to provide information about your business, your existing commercial applications, your development experience and plans. This is a summary of key qualification requirements:
- You have a US Bank Account and US Tax ID.
- Your company, vision or applications are aligned to the audience using NOOK products.
- You are committed to assign the necessary resources and have firm plans to deliver your apps now for NOOK products.
Applying for a US Tax ID
If your company is not physically present in the United States, but you want to sell apps in the United States, you must apply and receive a TAX ID (EIN) from the IRS in the United States. Obtain this ID from the IRS by filing a valid SS-4 form. After receiving your TAX ID (EIN), complete the relevant W8 IRS form. Find out more.
Note: International approvals can take 3-5 weeks. Currently NOOK supports access from USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany and Australia.
Important: Your banking and tax information MUST EXACTLY match what is on file at the IRS. NOOK rejects requests that deviate from the records held by the IRS. If rejected you will will not be able to submit apps to NOOK.