Whether you have existing apps or are starting from scratch, it's easy to get your apps launched and earning money on NOOK. The NOOK SDK is an add-on to the standard Android SDK, accelerating your ability to bring rich, interactive content and applications to market.
- NOOK HD & NOOK HD+ run the Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system and works with the Android SDK (API Level 15).
- NOOK Tablet runs the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) operating system and works with the Android SDK (API Level 10).
- NOOK Color runs the Android 2.2 (Froyo) operating system and works with the Android SDK (API Level 8).
Using the Android SDK Manager, you can download and install the NOOK SDK Add-on.
The NOOK SDK contains the following components:
- Android Virtual Device (AVD Emulator)
- Android Debug Bridge (ADB) configuration settings